Driving is the new cool of this generation and it is exactly what we need today. Every day people face serious emergencies that need immediate action. Like sending injured people to hospital or in most simple cases make someone reach his examination hall or office on time. So, it is very important to learn the art of driving.
It is not a difficult task anymore to learn how to drive a manual car. You just have to follow simple steps and instructions. If you are willing to learn a manual car then this article would be very helpful for you. Before you learn how to drive you should have some basic information about the car.
Necessary information on driving:
Before starting any work you must have some basic knowledge about that work/thing. Typically, manual cars are a little bit difficult from automatic cars. As manual cars have three pedals i.e. accelerator, clutch, and brake. Now we will discuss each part in detail.
Purpose of clutch:
It is one of the main parts of the car that makes driving a manual car more difficult to drive as compared to an automatic car because there is no clutch in an automatic car. The clutch is essentially two metal plates that connect the engine to the drive wheels. So, by pressing down on the clutch pedal, you’re disconnecting the engine from the wheels.
Purpose of brakes:
The brake paddle is pretty simple. It is the most important part of the car. While driving a car to stop the car or reduce the speed press the brake paddle. It is usually in the Centre of the clutch and accelerator paddle.
Purpose of Accelerator:
The accelerator paddle is at the rightmost location (side). It is used to accelerate (speed up) the car and the firmer you press the quicker you will speed up.
Steps to drive a manual car:
A car that needs your active participation in driving and has no automatic systems is called a manual car. An automatic car is easier to drive than a manual car. However one can easily understand the settings and working of a manual car also.
- Following is the summary of some simple steps to drive a manual car.
- Before you drive first tie your seatbelt for your safety.
- Now put the cars key in the ignition and turn it clockwise until the engine starts.
- Press the clutch firmly downward with your left foot.
- Now move the gear stick in first gear to move the car.
- Now use your right foot to gently press the accelerator to increase the car revolution.
- Slowly lift the clutch pedal using your left foot and slowly press the accelerator paddle until your car starts vibrating.
- This vibration is known as the car’s “bite point” – this is where the clutch plates start to come together.
- Now you are ready to move your car so put the hand break down and move toward your destination.
- Increase the revs while slowly raising your foot off the clutch unit you are moving forward with only the use of the accelerator pedal
These are the basic and simple steps to drive a manual car.
To run parallel with the world you need to get new skills and as cars are crucial inventions which are applying great impacts on human lives. In earlier times it was a mere dream of people to have such a thing that could make them travel hundreds of kilometers in a day, but cars made it possible. If you want to stay up to date you ought to learn new skills like driving cars.